The Faith Adventure
Living in faith is an attractive term, but what does it really mean to live in faith? This is not something we easily understands, much less adheres to. Most of us perceive our lives based on previous experiences and what we see in front of us. But living in faith is different--it is another way to view what is happening and how we wish to respond as part of our daily lives.
Living in faith comes a deep inner place that grows from trust in a loving Creator and a safe and friendly universe. It is predicated on eternal truths:
- We are deeply loved. We have a right to live and to be here.
- We live in an abundant universe teeming with resources that are accessible to us to use for our success and personality expression.
- The dynamic of co-creation is the way of universe functioning. When we make a sincere decision that is based on the divine ways of CREATION and act from that place, a chain of events is set in motion to help us manifest in that creative way of existence .
Much of what we experience in life is colored by how we have been treated, what we have known or what we have experienced in the past. We use our intellects to solve our problems. When we have difficulties and find that our needs are not being met, we become frustrated, anxious, and fearful. We doubt our own abilities to achieve that which is in our hearts to experience. We doubt ourselves. We diminish our confidence. When we do this, we live life primarily through the analytical mind that tries to control its environment to keep us safe. The analytical mind constantly looks within for a frame of reference to understand what is happening in our lives, especially in times of turmoil, to make sense of the circumstances we encounter.
This is directly opposite to what living in faith entails. Living in faith takes you into the realm of mystery, where you do not know what is happening. This is not a safe place for most of us, and the number one reason for this is because we do not know and trust God and do not understand the workings of CREATION. Since we live on a world where the divine path of evolution has deviated from innate plans, this is all very normal but not insurmountable.
So how do we shift from using the analytical mind to using our faith mind? Here are some key components to consider and spiritual practices to implement:
1) If your life is not working and you are not achieving all of the things you want for your life, ask this question: “What is the higher way to achieve that which is part of my creative potential fulfillment?” This opens the door for your Indwelling Spirit to relay innovative ideas and guidance into your thoughts to help you appreciate that there is help at your inner disposal. This is the start of the faith path.
2) Tap into your desire for a better life and simply acknowledge that you do not know the way to achieve it. Go within, spend time in the quiet, and simply ask Spirit (God, the Divine Source, your Inner Spirit, or whatever concept you have or word you use for your higher wisdom) to speak to you. Feel your desire for a better life and simply ask to be guided. This will take you out of the analytical controlling mind and begin to create new habit patterns in your thinking processes for your faith mind to begin to grow.
3) Develop an ongoing personal relationship with God who come to you in the form of your Inner Divine Spirit and Divine Mother and Father, who know you intimately and want to help you develop your human potential. Coming to know these Spirit personalities and influences will be the joy of your life and you will receive more love, peace, and happiness when you sincerely want to share your life with them. The Stillness practice is the fundamental place to begin this dynamic relationship. Spending time each day with Spirit within will develop a sound habit to keep you grounded and moving forward in faith that you are indeed growing and thriving.
4) Spend time each day writing down what you like your life to become. Ask for guidance on the steps each day that you must take to allow this to occur. This simple practice of determining the kind of life you want stimulates creative ideas to flow into your consciousness. Your Spirit has more room in your mind to speak to you who you are and what have you have inside to offer to the world. Spend some time each day sitting in quiet – in stillness – and ask for these potentials to manifest through you. Ask to be guided to achieving them.
Always begin this with: “I ask that my will for my life now align with the divine will and the divine plans for my life.” Your Spirit will take this desire and begin to coordinate certain thoughts to stream into your consciousness for the best way to achieve your heart’s desire to manifest your true soul self.
These practices will take you out of the mind of control and into the mind of God where you are gently guided and supported to find your way in the world. You are not alone! The universe is brimming with ample support for you. You have all of the power within yourself to attain your success. Habitually practicing these above considerations will, in time, build your mind of faith. You will accumulate life experiences that show you how Spirit collaboratively brings all good things to you when you trust where you are being led. Living in faith is the gentler, simpler, and more flexible way to enjoy life.
If being in control by doing things your own way has taken you onto a path of misery and isolation, then what do you have to lose by trying the faith walk? While the human mind balks at doing things God’s way because of a deep subconscious mistrust, surely the conscious decision to try something new would begin to uproot those embedded patterns that have caused you so much pain. Why don’t you try it the way of Spirit and see just how different, light-hearted, and joy-filled living can become? You only have every good thing to gain. You will get your life back! By being out of control of your own life, our loving Divine Source will give you your new and better life.
Living in faith will take you on a wondrous adventure of discovery of yourself – deeper places inside of who you are, of your world, of other people, of experiences you can only imagine. It expands you into the recognition of yourself as a member of a loving universe family. It is the adventure of your life!